Our specialist doctor
We favour early diagnosis and treatment of the condition to give you control of your motor functions and restore your ability to work and enjoy leisure pursuits.
Physical therapies are administered in close collaboration with the Physiotherapy Centre, which offers the latest-generation equipment for the application of treatments, including a hydrotherapy pool.
Our number one objective is to treat disorders of the locomotor system before they become chronic and debilitating.
Should additional examinations prove necessary after the consultation, the Clinique La Prairie is perfectly equipped with the latest medical imaging technologies: ultrasound scans, X-rays, CT-scanner and IRM. We also have a certified laboratory to carry out necessary medical tests.
In keeping with a multidisciplinary approach and according to the diagnosis, our specialist may decide to take further steps in conjunction with the dermatology, cardiology, pulmonology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology or psychiatry centres.
Similarly, in treatments for pain relief, our rheumatologist works closely with Dr Benyacoub, anesthetist
More information about antalgia
CONDITIONS AND TREATMENTS
Rheumatology focuses on joints and their connective tissue, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones and the spinal column. A very broad field, its remit includes a number of mechanical, degenerative or inflammatory diseases as listed below:
- Osteoarticular conditions: arthritis, osteoporosis
- Conditions that are metabolic in origin: gout, chondrocalcinosis of the joints
- Inflammatory or autoimmune conditions: rheumatoid polyarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, systemic lupus erythematosus
- Conditions that are infectious in origin: septic arthritis, spondylodiscitis
- Conditions that are neoplastic in origin: benign and malign tumours
- Conditions that are dysplastic in origin: genetic diseases of the bones, cartilage, collagen
- Complex regional disorders: algoneurodystrophy
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndromes, painful somatoform disorders
To relieve osteoarticular pain, check inflammation and promote improved joint and muscular functions, our rheumatologist will administer a treatment in keeping with the diagnosis and with how your organism responds to this treatment.
Treatments include targeted injections (intra-articular or peri-articular injections of an appropriate medicine), more often than not after ultrasound scanning to ensure optimal efficacy.
Medical research has considerably improved treatments for inflammatory rheumatism and as a result we have at our disposal effective, selective and well tolerated medications, including constantly improving biological treatments.
The day hospital
Some treatments require medical surveillance and supervision. In this case, you can be admitted to the Clinic for one day, ensuring the necessary comfort and safety that will allow the treatment to be administered in optimal fashion.